Thursday, May 12, 2011

Published Travel Sketches on Matador Network

Some of my travel sketches from Laos trip got published on Traveler's Notebook of Matador Network.
After crossing the border from Yunnan, China, I arrived in Laos, a country whose poverty is far less apparent than its peoples’ simple purity. I settled myself by the Nam Ou River, seeing a new day unfolding in peace, drinking lao-lao with locals and playing with the kids in the river. After fifteen days’ wandering I believe that if happiness can be learned, Laos must be one of the best places to study. Here are a few sketches from my notebook.


Thank David for editing my words.Click here to read the full article. Now I could post more pieces as well here to share with you.







1 comment:

  1. Matador,
    I love your beautiful Laos sketches. They bring back some wonderful Loas memories from 2008. Do you plan to visit the thousand islands near the Cambodia border? That is beautiful as well as Vang Viene and Luang Prabang...

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete